Many companies and individuals claim to be experts in SEO (search engine optimization). There are many SEO services available. What are the qualities you should look for in an SEO service / consultant? Here are some tips.
1. Some companies will offer low or fixed pricing due to the fierce competition for SEO professionals. Reputable SEO companies will not make any promises or give you pricing. Every company has different goals and needs. A professional SEO should spend time getting to know your company and discuss your goals. Then, they will work with you to determine a price for the service.
2. You must ensure that your SEO company does not outsource to third parties. This means that you should confirm that the SEO company they choose is doing the work yourself and not using a sub-contractor. You must have a direct relationship with the person or company you hire to handle your advertising and marketing. Miscommunication can cause your advertising campaigns to fail. An SEO company may choose to outsource certain tasks in certain situations. Website design is one example. An agency may hire someone to set up the graphics, but it is okay as long as they are also optimizing your website. Professional SEO companies have close relationships with web designers.
3. You should ensure that they are able to rank difficult keywords. Ask them about their strategies for ranking your keywords. It is a good idea to check if the company they work for is on Google’s first page. This may not be possible in certain circumstances. If someone is a long-time SEO professional and decides to start their own company, it may take several months for their site to rank at the top of search engines.
4. Be wary of anyone promising to rank your company at the top search engines in a specified time. It is impossible to predict the time it will take to rank websites. If someone can get you to the top in a matter of weeks, they may not be using ethical practices. This will only harm you long-term. Google will penalize SEOs who use unethical methods and will catch up with them. Google usually takes 3-4 months to rank sites. You may reach the top in some cases sooner than others. It all depends on how competitive keywords are.
5. You should ensure that SEO is the person’s full-time job. Your SEO advertiser should not be working on your campaign while they are busy with other tasks. It is important to ensure that your SEO advertiser knows what they are doing, and not just doing it to make extra money. People who believe they are SEO professionals simply because they work in the computer industry should be screened. I did not get a degree in Computer Information Systems. Through a group of experts, I was able to learn everything I know.
Do your research. Ask questions. Ask for references. Ask for references. Search Engine Optimization is not a certain thing. Make sure you find someone who can access the necessary education as things change.